Once the User accesses the Website as a Customer, he / she may go through the various Products and services listed therein on the Website and choose the one as per their needs. Prices of the Products displayed on the Website are deemed to be a part of the Terms and are subject to change as maybe determined and displayed by a Seller. After the Customer’s order is finalized and confirmed, the customer has to make payment of convenience fee along with the total product price, thereafter Customer may choose to make payment for his / her order in several ways:
- – Payment by debit cards or credit cards
- – Internet banking
- – Cash on / before Delivery, if available for the relevant Product
Some of these payment methods may not be available at all times, and the Customer may be required to choose another form of payment. Further, each payment method the Customer chooses may be subject to certain restrictions or conditions as detailed in these Terms. Where the Customer uses a debit card, credit card, the Customer must provide us with the correct information pertaining to the cardholders name, card type, the card number, the card expiry date and the security code on the back of the card (if any), in order to make payment on the Website. The Customer shall be responsible for the correctness of the information provided. While availing of the various payment methods listed on the Website, gems shall in no way be responsible or liable for any loss or damages incurred directly or indirectly to the Customer in case of the following:
- – Lack of due authorisation for any transactions, or
- – In case of the Customer exceeding any preset limit as determined mutually between the Customer and his / her bank, if applicable, or;
- – Decline of transaction by the Customer’s bank for any other reasons
- – Any issues of payment arising out of the transaction, or;
- Once the Customer chooses a payment method, the Customer will be redirected to a secure payment gateway where he / she will be required to complete the transaction.
- Please note that such gateway is a third party site and will be governed by its own terms and conditions.
- We shall not be responsible for any activity, security breaches, claims or losses of any nature whatsoever that may occur on such site
The Customer hereby agrees and acknowledges that gems does not qualify to be a banking or financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment facility, receiving payment through cash on delivery option, collection and remittance facility for the transactions on the Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and credit card payment gateway networks.
- If gems has reason to believe that the Customer has a prior history of questionable charges including breach of agreements with gems previously or violation of any laws, policies, or any charges imposed by a banking facility, gems , in the protection its own interests, reserves the right to refuse to process transactions of such Customers
- Incase Customer defaults on payment or in the event of a cheque bounce, gems have the full right to initiate appropriate legal action to recover the full value of the supplier invoice, interest, legal and other applicable charges.
- gems may do such checks as it deems fit, to confirm credibility and commitment of Customers, when they opting for the cash on delivery for the Products, for security or other reasons at the discretion of gems . As a result of such a check if gems is not satisfied with the creditability of the Customer or genuineness of the transaction, it will have the right to reject the receipt of / Customer’s commitment to pay cash on delivery for the Products purchased.
- gems may delay notifying the Seller to dispatch the Products to the Customer, if gems deems a transaction of unusually high volumes to be suspicious, to ensure safety of the transaction.
- In addition, gems may inform the Seller to remit the monies paid by the Customer (instead of refunding the same to Customer) or dispatch Products to law enforcement officials, at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event the Customer is engaged in any form of illegal activity.